Knowledge shared by Entrepreneurs journey to success
In my quest to create, curate and cultivate helpful content for our audience, I stumbled upon this amazing site, Mavenly.co, a dedicated resource for career-minded women.
The goal of their site and company is to help their audience live the life of how it ideally looks like for them.I found their Podcasts quite informative, along with much of their site content.
To help in your journey of success, I have picked my top 3 helpful in the path to Entrepreneurship. Enjoy the listen!
Conversation with Porsha Thomas, Founder of Ladypreneur League about the inspiration behind LL, the journey from freelancing to a 9-5, how she’s kept her entrepreneurial spirit while working a job, what her routine looks like, and what topics she thinks young women can benefit from exploring.
A conversation with Christina of Muse Monthly on her Entrepreneurial journey, from quitting her full-time job in fashion to starting her subscription business, as well as navigating through all that comes along with the first year of entrepreneurship.
A conversation with professional speaker Shinjini Das. about balancing full-time jobs with side projects, identifying strengths and value in the workplace, how to profit from these efforts, as well as an inside look on Shinjini’s path to becoming a professional speaker.
What most of us do wrong is try to fit Real Life (i.e. putting out fires), into a Clock time, which creates stress and frustration throughout your work day.
The goal of Time Management is to help yourself become aware of how you use your time throughout the day, week, month.
Time management is the process of organizing & planning how you spend your time; however, sticking to a schedule can be nearly impossible when running your own business, right? WRONG!
Here’s the good news: Real Time is mental. You create it. It exists between your ears.
It’s time to remove any self-sabotage or self-limitation you have around “not having enough time”.
Let’s get started right now…
In Time Management, it’s recommended that you block your time in 3 categories: Thoughts, Conversations and Actions:
- Thoughts: Planning your day, thinking through an issue, Researching an idea/solution
- Conversation: Meetings, Brainstorming, Client/Sales calls
- Actions: Working on an actual task
You should plan to spend at least 50% of your time engaged in thoughts, activities and conversations that produce most of your results.
Benefits of Time Management:
- Helps identify what important tasks can get accomplished in a timely manner (i.e.: Meet Deadlines).
- Allows you to communicate with ample time when deadlines will be missed.
- Helps build your brand –
- Someone who delivers on time
- Always prepared
- Understands business needs
- Good communicator
Time Management Best Practices:
- Set time to re-group/think through-out the day – at least 2-3 times throughout the day (in 15-20 minute intervals).
- Use your task list or calendar to plan your day
- Schedule for interruptions as something is always bound to come up.
- Any activity or conversation that’s important to your success/productivity SHOULD HAVE a time assigned to it.
- Schedule appointments with yourself, blocking time for high-priority thoughts, conversations, and actions.Schedule when they will begin and end.
- Have the discipline to keep meeting/appointments on track and on time.
- Minimize interruptions a best you can:
- Put up a “Do not disturb” sign when you absolutely have to get work done or find a quiet office or conference room to work in.
- Practice not answering the phone or answering emails just because they show up. Best Practice: If possible, set specific times of when you will respond to emails and advise your team and Supervisor. If it’s an urgent matter, trust me, they will find you.
- Disconnect from Instant Messaging, Snapchat, Facebook and any other social media.
- Advise someone you are not free but can schedule time later in the day to answer their non-urgent question. You are the master of your own time.
The ultimate purpose of time management is to help you improve your life by using your time more effectively and be more productive in your daily life – personal or professional.
Try it out for 30 days and come back and leave a comment on how it worked for you! We’d love to hear from you.
The greatest advice you can get on being Successful is from someone who has already achieved Success.
A wise person once said, Never think you are the smartest person in the room! There is someone out there who is a lot smarter than you & has all the scraps and bruises to prove it.
Continue reading “The Top 5 Videos of ’10 Rules of Success’”
Tony Robbins: I’m not your guru movie review
I recently saw the documentary movie on Netflix – Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru and was very pleased with the movie. It’s filmed on set of the 2014 ‘Date of Destiny’ seminar, which is a yearly event hosted by Tony Robbins. The 6-day (12 hours a day) seminar costs almost $5,000 to attend. Continue reading “Netflix: Tony Robbins – I Am Not Your Guru – Movie Review”
A reminder that people are bound by emotion to the things they love.
If you are a bit confused with the title, join the club! I had the same reaction when I was introduced to this book during a business conference in Colorado.
Continue reading “Book review: I love YOU More than my DOG by Jeanne Bliss”
While drinking my morning coffee & getting my daily dose of online reading, I came across this motivating article and was moved to share it with my audience.
Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Johnny Mack , it’s an inspirational message about life’s ever changing ways that often SEEMS to be creeping up on us, but in reality is happening right before our eyes.
Continue reading “Inspriational Read: The Broken Ball”